Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Speech Preparation Outline

Title: The Buckwheat Blues

Introduction

I. Attention Grabber: I've got the urge to herbal (attention grabber is in actions, not words)

II. Speaker Credibility: The flat iron has been my best friend since the fifth grade, and...

III. Thesis: ...I couldn't imagine my life without this thing (the flat iron)...

IV. Preview: ...for several reasons.

Body

Transition: First off...

I. ...I have unruly hair

 A. The flat iron makes my hair easier to manage

    -I can pull my hair out of my face (without flat ironing, it would be impossible)

    -I can actually get a comb through it

    -My hair stays straight for up to a week

    -Touch ups are quick and easy in the morning

 B. I can style my hair in different ways

    -Straight, Up-do

    -Curly, bumped at the ends, or flipped out

Transition: Not only can I style my hair, but I can style my friends' hair, too.

II. This thing is my money-maker!

 A. My friends always ask me to do their hair

    -I earn $15 per person by doing my friends' hair

    -My flat iron gets up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, so it's pretty close to a professional tool

Transition: Because my flat iron is comparable to a professional tool...

III. ...It saves me money!

 A. Less trips to the salon

    -I can make my hair look just as good as it would if I had a professional do it

 B. My flat iron is ceramic, so it isn't as damaging to my hair, therefore, I don't need to get my ends trimmed as often.

Conclusion

I. In all, the flat iron is a magnificent invention that I couldn't live without.

II. It's does more than straighten my hair: it allows me to switch up my look, puts a little bit of change in my pocket, and keeps that change in my pocket. Most importantly, my boyfriend isn't scared to touch my hair. Oh, and it keeps me looking good, too ;)

III. After all, you wouldn't want me to look like Buckwheat everyday...


No comments:

Post a Comment